We all look forward to healthy yet tasty foods to have isn’t it? Breakfast being the first meal of the day excites many to have a fulfilling and nutritious meal. Well, pancake a flat and round, fluffy cake base prepared using a starch-based batter is one of them. The key ingredients to create it are eggs, milk, and butter.
It is a very good replacement to ice creams, brownies, etc. The best part about pancakes is that they can be turned into a full-fledged healthy breakfast meal.
The healthiest and most searched pancake recipes are-
- BANANA PANCAKES
- OATMEAL PANCAKES
- PROTEIN PANCAKES
Below I will be sharing the recipes for all pancakes. Starting with Banana pancakes
1. BANANA PANCAKES
What makes these pancakes tastier is adding the slices of bananas on it. The reason why these pancakes are so famous are because not only are they yummy but healthy and nutritious as well. What’s better than having something that is not only tasty but healthy as well isn’t it?
THE KEY RECIPE
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup quick-cook oats (70g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Start with mashing the bananas in a large and spacious bowl. Do it till the bananas get smooth and a little creamy.
- Next, Mix it in eggs and vanilla until well combined and then add oats and cinnamon.
- After that heat a pan to medium and add a scoop of the pancake batter. Smooth it out to form an even layer and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- A trick to know if the batter is cooked or not is to see if the bubbles are releasing from the top of the batter. Once the bubbles are releasing flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
Garnish your pancake with small and finely diced slices of banana and top it with maple syrup. You can even add some nuts if you want to.
2. OATMEAL PANCAKES
Making pancakes using oatmeal is another healthy way to have a filling and healthy meal.
THE KEY RECIPE
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup Quaker Oats
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt (this step is completely optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- First, in a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder and, salt. Mix all these well.
- Now take another bowl in which you will combine milk, egg and oil. Make sure to blend it really well.
- Next mix the liquid to dry ingredients all at once and stir it properly until the dry ingredients are moistened. A tip to remember is not over mixing the batter.
- Finally heat the pan to medium and gently grease the pan so that the pancake batter doesn’t stick on the pan.
- To make each pancake pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan. Flip to see if both the sides are brown and look cooked. Another thing to remember is to turn only when you see the tops covered with bubbles.
Add maple syrup and in case you want you can even spread some peanut butter over it.
Incase you want to make the batter without the eggs you can even try this eggless cranberry and oats pancake mix.
Using oats makes the pancake extremely nutritious adding that extra dose of healthiness to it.
The reason being –
- Oats contain a powerful soluble fiber called Beta-Glucan
- They can also lower cholesterol levels and protect LDL cholesterol from damaging
- Oats can improve blood sugar control
3. PROTEIN PANCAKES
The last recipe is of protein pancakes which is a rich source of energy and booster since it has protein. Having this ingredient it is widely consumed by many people after their exercise routines. It fuels up the body to build the muscle and remain lean. So along with being delicious and healthy it helps to provide protein to the body in the yummiest way possible!
THE KEY RECIPE
- 1 cup oats
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 banana
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt (this step is completely optional)
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
For this recipe, mix and run everything through a blender on a medium to low speed. This is done to make sure that all the ingredients are mixed as a whole making it a soft, smooth, and well-mixed batter!
Next heat a pan to medium and grease it well. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter to make small circles of pancakes. When the edges start to look dry (2-3 minutes) and the pancake starts looking fluffy and bubbly flip to the other side. Cook it for 1-2 minutes and you are done.
Add maple syrup and in case you want you can even add berries, chocolate-chips or spread some peanut butter over it.
Having a rich and solid combination of oats, eggs, protein powder and topped with bananas it makes sure to provide you all the essential proteins and nutrients needed. So it is like an all in one recipe and a must- try!