Looking for a way to delete your Instagram account? Here is the step by step guide on how to delete Instagram account for you!
Instagram is one of the most popular social media apps right now. It is one of the most used social media platforms. We all love scrolling Instagram and watching trending reels and all the new stuff. And sometimes, we end up scrolling Instagram for hours. Are you one of those people who does not want to spend hours on Instagram and so are considering deleting Instagram account? If yes, you must be wondering how to delete Instagram account?
Opening up an Instagram account is as easy as a b c. All you need to do to open up an account on the popular social media platform is to enter your details in the sing up option that shows up on installing the application. However, how to delete Instagram account needs a little work to be done on your part.
If you are bored of Instagram, simply taking a break from the social media app, or for whatever reasons want to delete it, then we’ve got you! Here is the step by step answer to how to delete Instagram account :
Also read: How To Download Instagram Reels and Videos
Steps to delete Instagram account in your Android device
If you have an android device then you must have noticed that there is no direct option available for deleting Instagram account on the app. This can be quite frustrating for the users who wish to delete the app without any hassle. So does this mean that the Instagram account of an android user cannot be deleted? Not really!
Although not the simplest one, an easy answer to how to delete Instagram account on your android device is to delete it through the web browser.
By following few simple steps, you can easily delete Instagram account through your mobile browser or computer browser:
1) The first step involved in deleting Instagram account from your android device is to go to the ” Delete your account page” on your mobile or PC browser.
2) Once you open the page, you will be asked to log in if your account has not already been logged in on the browser.
3) In the next step, you will be asked to select a reason why you want to delete your Instagram account. A drop down menu will appear from which you can select the reason for it.
You will also be provided with some solutions for the reason why you are opting to delete your account.
4) If you still want to proceed deleting Instagram account then simply pick any of the given reasons. Then, you have to re- enter your IG password to go forward.
5) Lastly, click on the Delete @your username option. You Instagram account will be permanently deleted.
Also read: How to watch an Instagram story anonymously?
Steps for Deleting Instagram account on an iOS device
Deleting Instagram account on an iOS device is very easy. Unlike that in android devices, the iOS version of Instagram app gives users the direct option to delete Instagram account directly from the app itself. So, you can simply open the app and delete your IG account permanently by following few simple steps.
Here are the six simple steps guide on how to delete Instagram account permanently on any iOS device:
1) Firstly, open the Instagram app on your iOS device.
2) In the next step, click on the Profile icon present in the lower right corner of the screen.
3) Then tap on the menu option. After that, click on the settings option and then click on the Account option .
4) In the fourth step of deleting Instagram account on your iOS device, scroll down the Account page and select the Delete account option.
5) Instagram will prompt you to select between deactivating and deleting your account on the following page. The Deactivate Account option will be automatically underlined in the app. Select the Delete Account option given at the bottom.
6) You will once again be asked to confirm whether you really want to delete your IG account. Tap on the Continue Deleting Account option. Your account will be permanently deleted.
Also read: How To Remove Preinstalled Apps on Android ?
How to deactivate your Instagram account temporarily?
Are you looking for a way to get rid of your Instagram account without actually getting rid of it? If instead of how to delete Instagram account is not the right question for you and you are looking for more of a temporary solution to it, then deactivating instagram account is the solution for you!
By following few simple steps, you can deactivate your IG account for any period of time:
If you are an android user, log in to Instagram using a browser on a phone or computer.
Select “Settings” by clicking on the profile picture.
The “Edit profile” page will be shown. To access the “Temporarily deactivate my account” option, scroll to the bottom of the page and then click on it.
You will be prompted to choose a justification for wanting to deactivate your Instagram account. Choose from the available choices.
To disable the profile, enter your password and click “Temporarily Deactivate Account.” Your account will be deactivated temporarily.
You can reactivate your IG account by simply logging in to the platform whenever you like.