HOW TO RECORD MEETINGS ON ZOOM
Hosting or Joining a meeting on zoom is an easy process and you can always refer to the step by step guide to do so. An interesting feature that zoom has is an option to record a meeting. This avoids the need to have an external recording app to perform the recording function. The feature is quite useful if you want to refer to your recordings in the future ahead. Here, I will be sharing the process of how to record meetings on zoom.
-Ideally, the host can record the meeting without any permission. Incase, the participant wishes to record a meeting they will have to take permission from the host to do so.
-You can also view your recorded meetings in the ‘MEETINGS’ section which I will explain below.
-If you are not able to allow the participants to record the video you might want to look into the following steps
Sign in to Zoom Web Portal and click on the Account Settings.
Click on the ‘Recordings’ Tab
You will see a list of options. Navigate to the Local Recording option. Make sure the setting is enabled.
HOW TO RECORD A MEETING (HOST)
By default, the host has the leverage to record a meeting on zoom. This can be done by following the steps below-
1. Open the Zoom app
2. Click on the ‘NEW MEETING’ option. You can also invite participants to join the meeting.
3. Once the meeting is set up and the participants are present you can start recording, by pressing the ‘RECORD’ button at the bottom of the window.
4. You can also control the recording by pausing it or stopping it if needed. The option to pause or stop is present at the bottom of the window.
5. Once the meeting is over, stop the recording and end the meeting.
HOW TO INVITE PARTICIPANTS
-To do so click on the participant’s tab in the option available on the screen below. Once you press it, a slide will appear in the right panel.
-You can invite the participants by either their ‘CONTACTS’ or by sharing the link via ‘EMAIL’.
-You also have the option to simply copy the invite link or invitation.
HOW TO RECORD A MEETING (PARTICIPANTS)
The host can also provide access to the participant if they wish to record the meeting
To do so-
1. Click on the ‘PARTICIPANTS’ option in the window panel below.
2. A window will appear on the right pane with the name of the participants.
3. Select the participant to whom you would want to provide access to.
4. Click on the ‘MORE BUTTON’
5. A drop-down menu will appear with all these options.
6. Press on ‘ALLOW RECORD’. Now the participant will be able to record.
HOW TO VIEW RECORDED MEETINGS
The raw Zoom files are converted into MP4 files automatically.
-If you wish to watch a recorded meeting, go to the ‘MEETINGS’ option.
-A window with your ‘recorded’ and ‘upcoming’ meetings would pop up.
-Select the ‘RECORDED’ option and choose the meeting you wish to see. Before viewing you might be asked to convert the video to view it.
-You also have the option to see the meeting with a video or without a video. Depending on your preference you can select any.