Microsoft Teams, a famous collaborative hub for teamwork is used by many to work jointly. Its supportive and amazing features make the platform easy to work on as well as stay highly organised. You can set up groups, teams and even create channels on Microsoft Teams. To get your team running creating a team or groups and adding people or channels is the starting process.
Below I will be sharing how to create a team, a channel as well as customising and managing your team.
HOW TO CREATE A TEAM?
In order to create a team all you have to do is –
- Firstly, Select Join or create a team option. With this option you can create your own team as well as discover the existing ones.
- Then select Create Team in order to create a new team.
- Next to customise your team, give your team a name and then add a short description incase you wish to. I would suggest adding a description because the more personalised and detailed it is the better it will be.
- Your team is on Private mode by default. This means you will have to add people or groups you wish to have on the team.
- If you want anyone in the organisation to find and then join the team for that select Public.
- Next step is adding members. You have the option of adding groups, people or even the entire contact groups.
How to add people outside your organisation or contact list?
Incase you want to add people that are outside your organisation all you have to do is use their email address so that you can invite them as guests. And you can even add a friendly display name for them.
7. Once you are done adding members, select the Add option and then Close.
HOW TO CREATE A CHANNEL?
Every team gets a General channel by default. General channel is a good channel that can be used for announcements and information the entire team needs.
If you want to add more then –
- First select the More options which is next to the team name.
- Then select Add Channel
- After that enter a name as well as a description for your channel.
- For the channel you have the option to build it around a topic, project, department name or whatever you like.
- Then you can select Automatically favorite this channel for the whole team incase you want the channel to be visible automatically in everyone’s chat list.
- Next Select Add.
HOW TO MANAGE AND CUSTOMISE YOUR TEAM?
In order to manage and customise your team do the following-
- Select More options which is next to the team name.
- Then Select Mange team in order to find Channels, Members, Apps and Settings for your team all in one place.
- Next Select Settings > Team picture in order to add a team picture and then give your team a personality.